14.9.02

Public (Dis)Service Announcement


Life needs a soundtrack. I feel very strongly about this.
(Well, ok, it’s a half-baked idea I’ve had for a while, specifically reinforced by a similar concept I’ve seen employed in many other weblogs I peruse for ideas to pilfer. Expound upon! Extrapolate, yes, that’s what I meant to say! Pilfer! Ha ha! What a card I am, huh?)
But seriously, it’s a concept that deserves consideration. Modern movies, even the stupendously bad ones, have accompanying musical scores and/or dubbed audio tracks of one sort or another. Being a big fan of music--and of slightly less enthusiasm about the rest of life--I’m convinced that a little music would vastly improve our world. Wouldn’t it be great if, at appropriate moments, giant, city-sized high-fidelity sound systems could crank out a song that perfectly fit any given situation, just like in cinema?
No, it wouldn’t. That would be very, very loud. So I decided to do the next best thing. Starting today, as I bring you real life in easily-digestible fragments, I will also note, for your convenience, a fitting musical accompaniment, which you can play at your leisure.
That way, you can feel free to sing along if you want, and none of the rest of us have to hear it.
Enjoy.

Today’s Track: The Fish Cheer--Country Joe MacDonald and the Fish
(I know it doesn't fit, but rules are only fun if you break them, anyway)

No comments: