30.8.02

Blogging for Spite


I've noticed something. It makes no difference how little you have to say, or how pointless and/or innane it might be, if you publish it in some dort of mass media, people will read it. And, what's more, they will BELIEVE it. It's true. Someone, somewhere, will believe anything. When first I realized this, I was somewhat dismayed. In my opinion, this demonstrated a fundamental failure in the human intellect. If people are, in fact, willing to be led about by the cerebrum by anyone with typesetting capabilities, the species is doomed to forever pander to something less than the highest common denominator. But then I thought, SOMEONE has to wield this power. And, as with any power, those who grasp it first are invariably those least qualified to have it. So my next though, obviously, was: Why not me?

No comments: