18.11.05

Something in the air...or perhaps the water

On many a fine Friday afternoon such as this one, when I've just put the finishing touches on the final task and can now brush off the cinders of what has proven to be a very trying week indeed, it has been my habit to spend a little time--at least an hour or two--randomly bitching about all the things which invariably bother me (which, incidentally, are likely very simliar to the things which were bothering me last week, and the week before...). Today, however, I just can't bring myself to it, for a number of reasons: I'm about to embark upon a weekend to which for various reasons, mostly relating to the general tryingness of the preceding week (see above), I have been particularly looking forward; The weather is brisk, clear, and chilly, precisely as it ought to be the week before Thanksgiving; Next week is Thanksgiving, which happens to be my particular favorite holiday. The upshot, gentle reader, is that I seem to be positively brimming over with good cheer, and I am not, so far as I know, even remotely inebriated.

Quite an unprecedented and alarming turn of events, don't you think?

Maybe I'm coming down with something...

Meanwhile, if you like George Harrison, the ukelele, and low-fi web video--and who doesn't?--have a gander at this. (Work safe, but not everything else you'll find in the neighborhood is.)

No comments: